Household Trash Collection and Recycling in Shoreham Village
2011 Shoreham Village Schedule
(see below for more info)
Shoreham Village resides within the Town of Brookhaven and so follows the Town of Brookhaven rules regarding waste disposal, including what can be thrown out in regular household trash, what is recycled and how, and what requires special arrangements or special disposal, such as hazardous waste. Refer to "Throwing it out...in Brookhaven" and the 2011 Update.
However: Note the Following
- Shoreham Village contracts it own carter, Maggio Sanitation, and so follows a different trash and recycling collection schedule than the rest of the Town of Brookhaven. See the above recycling schedule which you should receive in the mail from the Village of Shoreham at the beginning of the year.
- See update letter re: change in schedule: This was sent to us by Maggio Sanitation at the beginning of 2012: letter as jpg; letter as pdf..
- Note that yard waste (leaves, twigs/branches, grass clippings) is not collected in Shoreham Village.
TRASH/GARBAGE (regular household waste)
- Trash Collection Occurs on Mondays and Thursdays, except as noted in the schedule below.
- Have your Trash out by 8 AM
- See the Town of Brookhaven's "Throwing it Out" manual, "Household Waste" section starting on page 4 for rules pertaining to what can be thrown out and how.
- Use Red or Green "Curby" type recycling cans. Contact the Village Clerk at 821-0680 if you need a recycling can (Village has a limited supply).
- See the Town of Brookhaven rules regarding what items are recycled and how-- pages 10-11 of the Throwing it Out manual.
- Paper/cardboard and comingled waste (bottle/can/plastic) recycling generally occur on alternate Wednesdays according to the Calendar below, but note also that the Calendar indicates certain exceptions to this schedule, including certain holiday weeks where recycling occurs on a Thursday:
Back to home page